FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Fairfield Community Center Association
The Fairfield Community Center has been chosen AGAIN as a Hannaford Helps Reusable Bag Program beneficiary to raise funds for the food shelf.
East Fairfield, Vermont – The Fairfield Community Center a nonprofit committed to providing food, programming, and fun events has been selected AGAIN as a beneficiary of the Hannaford Helps Reusable Bag Program for the month of March.
This innovative program has been designed to support local nonprofits like The Fairfield Community Center. For every blue Hannaford Helps Reusable Bag with the good karma messaging purchased at the Enosburg Falls Hannaford, The Fairfield Community Center will receive a $1 donation in order to help fulfill its mission of providing social, health, and educational programs for all in a safe, caring, and nurturing environment to create, promote, and enhance the well being of our community.
Learn more about The Fairfield Community Center by calling 802-827-3130 or visiting www.fairfieldcommunitycenter.org.
For more information on the Hannaford Helps Reusable Bag Program, visit www.hannaford.bags4mycause.com or www.facebook.com/hhbagprogram.
All Meals are served at noon and open to everyone.
Suggested Donation $4.00 for seniors over 60,Under 60 $6.00.
Feb 7th– Taco Casserole, Garden Salad, and Lemon Bars.
Feb 14th– Beef Stroganoff Meatballs with Rice, Garden Salad, and Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Feb 21st– Potluck Leftovers, Quinoa Salad, and Assorted Desserts.
Feb 28th– Chicken Pot Pie, Broccoli Salad, and Brownies.
We are looking for a Program Director to join our team at the Fairfield Community Center!
The Program Director oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of an ongoing program including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities. The organization has committed internal funds for one year, with the flexibility to increase length of funding through grants and the success of programming efforts.
- Create and supervise programs in accordance with the mission and goals of the FCCA
- Conduct outreach to the community for volunteers and support
- Coordinate all program activities
- Monitor the effectiveness and results of the program and plan adjustments
- Collaborate with the Executive Director on:
- Budget creation and execution
- Fundraising events to support programs
- Grant proposals and reports
- Supervise, hire, and train staff including required paperwork per board directive
- Represent programs and FCCA at community events
Please email your resume and cover letter to fccvt.info[at]gmail.com
Well that was quick! Kids in the Kitchen Registration is now closed, as we are full!
Thank you all 🙂
Kids in the Kitchen Cooking Classes to start at the Fairfield Community Center February 2nd!
Sign up for any or all of our 6 week cooking series for kids in k-8th grade. Classes are limited to 12 participants so register NOW!
- February 2nd: Pizza Mania! Everybody loves pizza! Let’s see how many ways we can come up with to make pizza: for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
- February 9th: Eat a Rainbow! Is there a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? Let’s find out!
- February 16th Science in the Kitchen! Floating raisins? A sundial? Edible science at its best.
- February 23rd: Get Snackin’! Together, we will create healthy snacks for all to try!
- March 2nd: Let’s go Camping! Create fun and simple recipes to make for your next camping trip…or try at home, just for fun!
- March 9th: Wrap it Up! We will explore the versatile wrap…for dessert?
Please join us next week!
The Fairfield Community Center Association will hold its Annual Public Meeting on Wednesday, January 11th, 2017 at 6 p.m. at the Center in East Fairfield.
We urge all interested residents to attend and welcome your input. Together as a community, we need to continue to discuss the role of the Center, and how to meet the needs of our resident. Please mark your calendars for January 11th, and come prepared to share your ideas! We will have a potluck meal hosted by the board of directors.