Cooking Classes to start at the Fairfield Community Center February 4th!
Sign up for any or all of our 6 week cooking series for kids in k-8th grade
- February 4th: Salad Smiles, Fruity Friends and other Creative Creations! Come create edible sculpture with your favorite fruits and vegetables. Use our special chef tools and your own imagination.
- February 11th: Pasta Party! Roll out some homemade pasta with our hand crank pasta machines and choose your favorite way to slice it, stuff it, or spice it-or just add cheese!
- February 18th Eggsellence in the form of Crepes, Omelets, and Meringues! Have fun cracking, beating and mixing while you create sweet and savory dishes all based on the amazing egg!
- February 25th: Smoothies Galore! Blend up your favorite ingredients and learn some tasty new combinations of healthy wholesome ingredients.
- March 3rd: Wraps and Pockets! Fill them with your favorites and then garnish with sauces and dips from around the world- try something Chinese, Thai, Indian, or the Middle East.
- March 10th: Soups! Learn the essentials of making great soups. Remember the story of Stone Soup and donate an ingredient with the class and we will share our soup with the food shelf.
Classes will be hands on for all ages, with a focus on healthy whole foods, creative presentation and fun! Students can ride the school buses to the community center from Bakersfield and Fairfield schools. They will have a quick snack and outside time and then get down to the cooking.
Please make sure you remember to send in a note to school if your child(ren) will be riding the bus. Class time is from 3:30 and pickup is by 5 p.m.
Note that the Feb. 26th class is during February Vacation, so you’ll need to transport your kids that week.